CT - Norwich - Trinity, 1895-1977
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Formed in 1895 by a merger of East Main Street, Sachem Street, and Center, using the Center Church building, which was renovated in 1901-02. In 1923, it absorbed North Main Street. Paired with Gardner Lake from 1923-1925. Merged in 1958 with Norwich Town to form Lee Memorial Methodist Church. The old church burned to the ground on December 29, 1958, while plans for a new church were being made. The congregation met in the local Lutheran church in Franklin Street until the new church on Washington Street was built, opening on December 7, 1959. Some records carryover into Lee Memorial.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/CT/014/001/020
Volume: 4.0 Boxes