MA - Hyde Park - First Methodist, 1867-1956
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Founded in 1867 after ten years of classes, the building was dedicated in 1874. Sometimes called First. The building suffered major damage in the hurricane of 1938 and was condemned. The congregation did not re-build, but met in the nearby Presbyterian Church until it voted for discontinuance in 1956. The parsonage was sold to the Presbyterians and proceeds given to Christ Church (Wellesley).
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/038/003/089
Volume: 3.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]