MA - Fall River - Summerfield, 1891-1930
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Founded in 1875, originally named Terry Street MEC, the church moved in 1878 and became North Main Street MEC. When the church was enlarged in 1883, it was renamed Park Methodist Episcopal Church; and when the construction debt was paid, it was again renamed, to Summerfield, after the early nineteenth century preacher, John Summerfield. Summerfield was merged in 1939 with the Fall River Church and Brownell Baptist Church to form Park United Church.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/026/003/074
Volume: 2.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]