MA - Boston - Washington Street, 1868-1874
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Began in 1868 as a mission from Church Street, under the leadership of Ira G. Sprague, a student at the Boston Theological Seminary. Meet first at 544 Washington Street, then at larger quarters at 815 Washington Street at Lucas Street. In 1872, they began meeting in the vestry of the Pine Street Church, but that proved unacceptable, and the congregation met in Morgan Chapel from 1872-1875, but left in January 1875, meeting briefly at YWCA rooms, then at West Springfield Street, and in February 1875 meeting at 27 Motte Street, 4 doors from 722 Washington Street. The church lost its full-time pastor in 1875, and closed around 1878.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/009/003/034
Volume: 1.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]