MA - Boston - Stanton Ave., 1886-1965
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Started in June 1886 in a pine grove on Selden Street near Capen Street, a congregation soon formed, laying a cornerstone at the end of 1886 at the corner of Stanton and Evans, opening in July 1887. The church suffered a major fire in 1911. In 1965, Stanton Avenue closed, the congregation merging with First (Dorchester) and Parkman Street to form Wesley (Dorchester).
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/009/003/030
Volume: 1.0 Boxes