MA - Boston - Hanover Street, 1851-1873
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Third home of the first congregation (Methodist Alley), which moved from North Bennett Street in 1849 when they purchased the old “Cockerel Church” (for its weathervane) on Hanover Street. In 1869, with the widening of Hanover Street, the front part of the church was demolished. In 1873, the church merged with Temple Street (Grace), and moved to Temple Street, taking the name First (Boston). Hanover Street remained open as a mission.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/009/003/021
Volume: 2.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]