MA - Boston - Copley Methodist, 1899-1953
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Fifth home of the first congregation (Methodist Alley), Copley was created in 1922 by a merger of People’s Temple and Bromfield-Tremont, called United until moving in 1925 to Edward Everett Hale’s Second Congregational Church Building at Newbury and Exeter Streets. From 1927 to 1947, Copley and Tremont were listed separately under the general name, Methodist Religious Society in Boston. In 1962, First Church on Temple Street merged with Copley to form First-Copley.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/009/003/019
Volume: 2.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]