MA - Boston - Bethany (Roslindale), 1887-1961
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Classes began in 1857 on Poplar Street, then the Association Hall on South Street, West Roxbury, later called Roslindale. The first supply pastor came in 1868. Variously called Central or Roslindale, the church at Ashland (Cummins Highway) and Sheldon Street was built in 1874, re-named Bethany in 1893. Destroyed by fire in 1940, and rebuilt in 1942, it absorbed Upham Memorial (a church it helped create) in 1969.
Held at:
Theology Library Archives
745 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
Record Series Number: 08/MA/009/003/012
Volume: 3.0 Boxes
Languages of Materials
English [eng]